Until now my website has been about my professional life: compilers/languages and such. I have always intended to add other content to this site along my other interests, eg: cooking or music. However I have something to say about fertility, IVF and my/our journey with it and so this section exists. If that's not your jam and you just want computers and programming go back here.
This section also comes with a content warning: Infertility, miscarriage, anxiety, mental health, bushfire & climate. Also some four letter words.
- — The End
This is (probably) the end of our story of trying to conceive a 2nd child.
- — Mental Health Day
Today is the due day of our 2nd miscarriage and Grief is weird
- — March Update
The last article finished in early Janurary. A little bit has happened since then so here’s the update.
- — 2019
This is the story so far of trying to conceive a 2nd child.
- — Men
This article introduces why I want to write about men and infertility/IVF and parenthood.
Subscribe using Atom.
I don't mind if you want to let me know you appreciate what I've shared. That said I want to provide a few thoughts about interaction around these topics:Positive interactions
- Constructive feedback: misspellings, grammar, medical terms is welcome
- Writing/publishing this was not easy, a (virtual) fistbump to acknowledge that is very much appreciated,
- Share it online with others.
- If you are a partner (any gender) of someone who is undergoing IVF, and you have complex feelings about it and wish to get in touch, I'd be happy to connect and hear your experience. It might be good for both of us.
- I want to avoid an outpouring of emotion, "your article made me feel X". I'm too busy dealing with my own feelings to deal with yours. But maybe you'd like to share it online or to a close friend, if you want to discuss your feeling of "X" share it with a friend then talk about your feelings together.
- If you feel like you have a medical/other suggestion. Keep it to yourself, we have some very good doctors and are happy with the treatment we're receiving. If you still want to share bullshit about miracle berries, prayer, 438Hz-based music, or a government conspiracy to sterilise the population, then don't bother me or anyone else with it.
My wife and I agree that this blog should be mine: my perspective and my voice. Having said that I do ask her to review each article to ensure that she is happy with what I'm sharing and how it is shared.